Other books I read include Kidnapped, The Three Musketeers, Moll Flanders, Beloved, and Light in August. If you are interested in my thoughts on any of these books, click on the title.
This year, Sarah (from www.sarahreadstoomuch.com) is turning over the reins of the challenge to Karen K. at her blog, Books and Chocolate. (http://karensbooksandchocolate.blogspot.com).
I am officially accepting the 2014 Back to the Classics Challenge with these books on my list:
- A 20th Century Classic: The Heart is a Lonely Hunter by Carson McCullers
- A 19th Century Classic: A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens
- A Classic by a Woman Author: My Antonia by Willa Cather
- A Classic in Translation: Madame Bovary by Gustave Flaubert
- A Classic About War: The Guns of Navarone by Alistair McLean
- A Classic by an Author Who Is New To You: Candide by Voltaire